Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayna
Creator II
Creator II

Rename entries in QlikView (i.e. odd entry equals 'In', even entry equals 'Out')

Dear all,

I have a query I cannot work out how to achieve, I have a list of entries for every day at different times, and occasionally I will get an entry of '//////', I want the first of each day of this to be called 'In', and the second will be called 'Out', now, there may be more than one of these sets per day, so I was thinking the odd number entry should always be in, and the even entry should be called 'Out'...

I know this doesn't make much sense, this is an example screenshot of what the data looks like to make some sense!!

I really hope you can help me with my query.

Kind Regards,
Dayna

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

This is really going to depend on what your data actually looks like. But here's a working example using a GUESS as to what your data might look like and my best interpretation of what you're looking for. If that doesn't do it for you, and you can't figure it out from what I posted, I strongly suggest posting something with some example data.

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello John, Many thanks for your reply, I'm wary as to publishing the data as it's used within Human Resources based on employee data. Your example is brilliant, but I don't think it takes into consideration other users (please see screenshot)..

Kind Regards,
Dayna