Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parevrac
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access Activation Issue

I am attempting to introduce Section Access for the first time and coming up against problems at data reload. The document will reload via QMC first time BUT will not distribute to the Access Point. Second time the doc fails almost instantly with the error message "Error      Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.".

I have set the document properties to allow Section Access and included the service account within the section access script as below. 

What am I doing wrong?

section access;
ACCESS:
LOAD ACCESS,
NTNAME,
GROUP,
REDUCTION
FROM
["urlpath"\SectionAccess\Section Access Rules for Dosimetry Data.xlsx]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is Sheet1);

CONCATENATE (ACCESS)
LOAD*INLINE [
ACCESS,NTNAME,GROUP,REDUCTION
ADMIN,'Domain\DevQlikServiceAccount,98,*
ADMIN,'Domain\LiveQlikServiceAccount,99,*
]
;

section application;

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you put a document in which Section Access has not been activated (by reloading and saving) on a server, then the first reload will succeed because the service account is able to open-reload-store the document. For subsequent distribution, the service account needs to open the same source document *again* and that fails. The document isn't published.

The second reload fails upfront, because SA is now active and the Distribution Service is unable to open the document from the start.

So first check the presence of the correct service account in your Section Access table. Is the domain correct? Do you really need to prefix the NTNAME values with a quote?

parevrac
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Peter

Thank you for your response

I have run multiple tests now and always get the same error message "Error      Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.". I have confirmed that the service account NTNAME is correct and is identical to that which I use to remotely log onto the Qlikview server

Do you have any other suggestions or tests I can try?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It's not important that your Section Access entry lists the same account as the one you log into your server with. The important account that needs to be added is the one that runs the QDS.

Still one open question: why do your service accounts start with single quotes in your INLINE text?

parevrac
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Peter

the single quote was a typo

We have tried multiple possible scenarios and settings now and all result in the same error so have now raised a case with Qlik Support

Thanks

Paul

balabhaskarqlik

May be these are the reasons:

Try once to restart your system, qvw  and reload again.

Then try to check,  to confirm, if your service account is really a domain user or local user.

You can use the Windows OS user manager.

The user should also be listed in the Windows services details for the QlikView services.

Server Manager - Configuration - Local Users and groups - groups - Qlikview Administrators - Properties.

Can you also look at the .log file for a task that is reloading successfully.  In here it will have the domain name of the user doing the reload.  It should be the service account user that you have running the QlikView service - but the log file will prove this.