Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenogevne
Contributor
Contributor

Help with Error

Hey guys,

after restarting, I can't view any charts anymore. It only says "Error: all expressions disabled". When a colleague opens the file, he doesn't have this problem.

Does Qlikview have a feature regarding authorization? I freshly installed Qlikview and may not have the right permission-settings, etc. if it has any....

Labels (1)
  • Other

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Have you a valid license to run the desktop?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
marcus_sommer

Yes such a feature exists and is called Section Access - Qlik Community - 1493681. A look within the script should show how it's designed and which data are loaded and if you are properly included or not.

- Marcus

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@lenogevne 

I just wanted to expand a bit on Bill's question. 

If you don't have a license, and you open a file that someone else created/saved in QlikView desktop, this will happen.

If you don't have a license, it will say "Personal Edition" on the top banner. I am adding a link to FAQ article for QlikView Desktop Personal Edition for reference.

Personal Edition FAQ

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @lenogevne 

When is mentioned "after restarting" are we saying the computer was restarted? Or the application was reloaded? What was restarted? 

It looks like you are attempting to open the same file that your colleague opens , is it from the same location or did you copied the file locally ?

Any details about what happened/change will be appreciated. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Albert_Candelario

Hello @lenogevne ,

Thanks for posting.

Do you have any update for the Community?

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer