Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rathuweli
Contributor
Contributor

Help with tools to migrate Qlikview Dashboards to QlikSense

Hey guys,

In my work, we are migrating from QlikView to QlikSense, we have some dashboards to convert , and just me to do the conversion.

We also use Nprinting a lot, so that's a point to consider.

My question is, since we don't have enough man power to "copy and paste" objects from multiple panels, is there a tool or something that can help me in the process ?

Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @rathuweli,

There are some documented best practices for moving from QlikView to Qlik Sense on the Qlik on Help website:  Moving QlikView content to Qlik Sense: concepts and best practices.  Also, the video recording of Qlik Support Talk to Experts Tuesday - Migrating from QlikView to Qlik Sense may be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

There is a conversion tool, but it's not recommended to actually use it. A better approach is to re-create your applications from scratch using Master Items and appropriate Qlik Sense objects, layouts, and considerations. You can copy your scripts over almost as-is, and you can copy expressions over (though you should copy expressions into master items, generally, and not into charts directly), but the actual app creation is best done manually.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @rathuweli,

There are some documented best practices for moving from QlikView to Qlik Sense on the Qlik on Help website:  Moving QlikView content to Qlik Sense: concepts and best practices.  Also, the video recording of Qlik Support Talk to Experts Tuesday - Migrating from QlikView to Qlik Sense may be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!