Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

License rental via QlikView DeskTop Connect to Server

When you enter Connect to Server in QlikView Desktop of the QlikView server and enter your server, you will see qvw files as shown in the image.
If you open QvDesktop again after opening the qvw file, it will appear as if the license has been successfully leased.

qwebnm_0-1708419274206.pngqwebnm_1-1708419278553.png

However, when you connect to the QlikView server from QlikView Desktop on your PC, not only will the qvw file not be visible, but the license will not be leased.

qwebnm_2-1708419291327.png

1. How can I rent a license from my PC?
2. What should I do to make the qvw file visible?

Please reply if possible.

Regards,

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

If I'm not mistaken, the license is leased when you successfully open a QVW, not when you connect to the server.

If you don't see any QVWs when you open it from your local PC, that is presumably because your user doesn't have permissions to any QVWs. You should ensure you have permissions to at least one QVW on the server, or alternatively, use the Alternate Identity option to connect as another user which does have access to at least one QVW.

View solution in original post

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm 
You probably come in as different users when being on the server and on the PC. The PC user doesn't seem to have permissions to see the files. As recommended by @Or , you might want to use the "Alternate Identity" option and log in using the same account you have on the server.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If I'm not mistaken, the license is leased when you successfully open a QVW, not when you connect to the server.

If you don't see any QVWs when you open it from your local PC, that is presumably because your user doesn't have permissions to any QVWs. You should ensure you have permissions to at least one QVW on the server, or alternatively, use the Alternate Identity option to connect as another user which does have access to at least one QVW.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm 
You probably come in as different users when being on the server and on the PC. The PC user doesn't seem to have permissions to see the files. As recommended by @Or , you might want to use the "Alternate Identity" option and log in using the same account you have on the server.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.