Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Connector vs Xtract QV (THEOBALD)

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating the available connectors for QV to SAP in the market.
and we have QV connector and Xtract QV by THEOBALD (http://www.theobald-software.com/en/products/xtractqv.htm)

I did a light test of both for BW queries & SAP tables,

In term of GUI and ease of use, i think Xtract QV is easier to use and it is easy to set up, copy-paste the script to QV and reload, very simple and short steps to get what you want. but in 2 different interfaces.

as for QV connector, the GUI is ok but could be better, good thing is everything is done in QV, but for now, i'm stuck, i got my script, but it wont reload, waiting for solution from the support.

Has anyone been through the same evaluation process?
Can you share some info and concern about acquiring the connector?

PS:
Does anyone know if SAP charges the client for using this kind of connectors to extract SAP data?
or it has been included in part for the connector's lic?

Also, the amount of data and total columns widths?

Thanks.

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed answer ! Big Smile

We have not gone that far yet. Just starting to explore into SAP / BW area with QV at this moment.

What we are trying to do here is to connect to various BW queries, link them up by their common dimensions and show it in QV.

You mentioned about star schema, i believe you have done many of them in QV? Any tips to share?

Thanks.

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Nick,

I have one oquery.

how to only extract increamental data from KONV table which is cluster table in sap and it contain conditional data.

pls suggest me if you have any solution.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, indeed. relying upon bw star schema will tremendously improve your total extraction speed.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

I have not explored into that area yet. what we are doing is extracting data from processed data like BW.

Have you thought about that? Because i saw some of the comment you posted about table without timestamp. If you have BW extracting the data, that'd be a plus point in my opinion.

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear nicksatch,

I already completed one project in BW . I donot have any problem with BW but when coming to SAP R/3. the increamental extraction is too complex from KONV table.

pls suggest me if you have any solution.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

what you can do with the KONV table is that you use the 2LIS - SAP BW datasources that can be used if your extractor supports the SAP Service-API (see SAP BW online documentation).

You can use the 2LIS extractors without a own BW system and it is possible to customize your 2LIS extractors.

For example you can extract also the FI General Ledger (a cluster table) with a delta mechanism if you can connect via the SAP Service-API.

I hope that helps you a little bit.

Best regards