Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emerol22
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview is freezing

Dear all,

i added my user to assgined CAL's

in our license it is up to allowed 20 person. and i am 10th user. 

and i add my user in local users and groups to qlikview administrators. then i restarted all the qlikview services.

when i am trying to open a folder from qlikview it is freezing. and i can not able to open. what else i need to do? 

i am not able to open folder from qlikview.

thank you in advance.

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

How are you "trying to open a folder from QV"?  Are you referring to QlikView Desktop or QlikView Server?  What version of QV are you running?  Does the computer meet the QV system requirements?

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
emerol22
Contributor
Contributor
Author

i am talking about qlikview desktop. the version is 12.40.20000.0

i compared my account with other account which is working properly. under CALs it is written License Lease on the account which is working, but in my account it is not written like that. that should be the problem? if yes how i can able to fix it?

i am adding caps there.

thank you.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@emerol22,

Thanks for further clarifying.  Typically a CAL type wouldn't have any bearing on QV Desktop "freezing".  QV Desktop becoming unresponsive is usually associated with resource constraints. 

Let's try to get some more information:

• By "opening a folder", you're referring to the Folder icon in the toolbar or the File > Open command?
  • Does this issue happen with any/all QVWs or specific QVWs?
  • If specific QVWs, what size are they on disk?
  • Open QV Desktop and press Ctrl+Shift+Q to open the Document Support Information (DSI) screen  
    • Check the License key entry and report what you have listed. 
    • Check the bottom of the DSI and report what you have for Physical RAM and Number of CPUs?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!