Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcello
Partner - Contributor III

SAP connector string parameter ConvRoutine

Hi everybody,

who can explain me how the ConvRoutine connection string parameter  does affect the data read in a SAP SQL connections?

The default is false, what if i set it to true ?

The documentation I have found states few words regarding MATNR field but it does not really explain how this parameter affects various data type.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Marcello

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Marcello,

Most database fields in SAP are based on Data Elements. This example is for MATNR.

Capture3.JPG

A Data Element can use a Domain.

Capture4.JPG

A Domain can be linked to a Conversion Routine (MATN1) in this example. Behind MATN1, there is a Function module that formats the Material number (MATNR) according to some rules.

Any database field can be linked to a Conversion Routine that format the field in some way. So the user needs some SAP knowledge to know which Conversion Routines that are available. Transaction SE11 can be used to see if a field has a Conversion Routine.

If the Connection string property ConvRoutine is swithched on, the connector sends the formatted values of the extracted fields (if they have a Conversion Routine defined) to Qlik, instead of the unformatted values from the database. Example for a Material number. Unformatted: 000000000000020338, formatted: 2033-8.

Best regards,

Hakan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Marcello,

Most database fields in SAP are based on Data Elements. This example is for MATNR.

Capture3.JPG

A Data Element can use a Domain.

Capture4.JPG

A Domain can be linked to a Conversion Routine (MATN1) in this example. Behind MATN1, there is a Function module that formats the Material number (MATNR) according to some rules.

Any database field can be linked to a Conversion Routine that format the field in some way. So the user needs some SAP knowledge to know which Conversion Routines that are available. Transaction SE11 can be used to see if a field has a Conversion Routine.

If the Connection string property ConvRoutine is swithched on, the connector sends the formatted values of the extracted fields (if they have a Conversion Routine defined) to Qlik, instead of the unformatted values from the database. Example for a Material number. Unformatted: 000000000000020338, formatted: 2033-8.

Best regards,

Hakan

marcello
Author

Hi Hakan,

You were very kind, and your answer was very clear to me.

Let me ask you one thing more:

in SAP enviroment, if two columns in differents tables are related each other (e.g.: PRPS-PSPHI<->PROJ-PSPNR),  do they pertain to same domain  and have the  same Conversion Routine ?

Thanks, Marcello

Ps i apologyze if this thread pertain too strictly to SAP enviroment

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Marcello,

You can display both tables in transaction SE11. If the fields PRPS-PSPHI and PROJ-PSPNR have the same Data element, then they also have the same Conversion Routine.

You can double-click the Data element and then double-click the Domain in the Data element to check if there is a Conversion Routine assigned.

Regards,

Hakan