Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Google Maps - Cluster

Google Maps Extension with Cluster support.

QlikTech takes no responsibility for any code and QlikTech Support Agreement does not cover issues with this extension.

Please review Googles license agreement before you put this into production.

Introduction

This is a QlikView extension object that integrates Google Maps Javascript API V3 and a third party library called MarkerClusterPlus into QlikView.

Load a set a coordinates into QlikView and visualize them together with this extension. The clustering feature is create when you have alot of data points and needs to group/cluster them together for greater visability and performance.

The maxzoom property defines at what zoom level you want your markers clustered. The grid size property controls how big or small cluster grid size you want.

You can either use the extension 'as is' or use it as a base to further customize it to fit your needs.

Download the extension and view source code at: https://github.com/mindspank/GoogleMaps-Cluster-QV11

cluster.PNG

If you build something awesome please share it with the community!

Live long and prosper.

2015-02-15
Removed download from post, please grab the latest version from Github instead.

2014-02-03

Various fixes.

2014-01-09

There has been numerous upgrades to the extension.

Now clusters now display the value of your expression and with added support to include more information in pop-up labels.

Example grayscale styled map included.

Possibility to show only a single cluster icon style if you do not want it to scale according to the number of markers in the cluster.

2013-06-17

Added custom marker support. Now you can specify a url for an custom marker. Accepts all major image file types.

350 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Uncheck the checkbox that says, "single cluster style" in the properties

nahuel04
Contributor II
Contributor II

thank you very much, i couldn't see this option into the properties.

Not applicable

Hello Alexander,

Thank you very much for providing this solution. I was able to show what I wanted to show. It is awesome.

Now, I would like to show completely zoomed out view. But whenever I make some selections on my qvw, it shows full zoomed in view. I would like to disable that. I tried going through javascript file but couldnt understand its functionality.

Would you please help or point me to a direction where I can achieve this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Parth Shah.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Around line 220 there will be a map.fitBounds() function that will automatically scale the map based on the available bounds. You should be able to comment that out and replace it with map.setCenter(latlngbounds.getCenter())

Not applicable

Thanks for your response Alexander. I did that change and now I am getting the following error.

Capture.PNG

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

I haven't touched the extension in quite a while but you could maybe just get rid of the map.setCenter() also and instead just define a center point and a zoom level in the map config object which should be around line 115.

You can find the documentation for the map object here, Google Maps JavaScript API V3 Reference  |  Google Maps Javascript API  |  Google Developers

Not applicable

Thanks Alex. I'll give give it a try. Thank you.

Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Is there a way we can set the map default to grayscale?

Thank you,

Parth

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

You should be able to add,

map.setMapTypeId('map_style');

after line 130 and it should set the map.

I haven't tested it but in theory it should work

Not applicable

Thank you so much. It worked.

Have a good one

Regards,

Parth