Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Google Maps - Cluster

Google Maps Extension with Cluster support.

QlikTech takes no responsibility for any code and QlikTech Support Agreement does not cover issues with this extension.

Please review Googles license agreement before you put this into production.

Introduction

This is a QlikView extension object that integrates Google Maps Javascript API V3 and a third party library called MarkerClusterPlus into QlikView.

Load a set a coordinates into QlikView and visualize them together with this extension. The clustering feature is create when you have alot of data points and needs to group/cluster them together for greater visability and performance.

The maxzoom property defines at what zoom level you want your markers clustered. The grid size property controls how big or small cluster grid size you want.

You can either use the extension 'as is' or use it as a base to further customize it to fit your needs.

Download the extension and view source code at: https://github.com/mindspank/GoogleMaps-Cluster-QV11

cluster.PNG

If you build something awesome please share it with the community!

Live long and prosper.

2015-02-15
Removed download from post, please grab the latest version from Github instead.

2014-02-03

Various fixes.

2014-01-09

There has been numerous upgrades to the extension.

Now clusters now display the value of your expression and with added support to include more information in pop-up labels.

Example grayscale styled map included.

Possibility to show only a single cluster icon style if you do not want it to scale according to the number of markers in the cluster.

2013-06-17

Added custom marker support. Now you can specify a url for an custom marker. Accepts all major image file types.

350 Replies
Not applicable

Did you have to change anything else?  I tried changing the url but its not working for me.

Not applicable

Thank you Phil, this has worked for me. Much appreciated

Not applicable

Hi Robby,

Nothing else in the file was changed.  Did you make sure the + 'images/m' line was removed?  You'll also need to make sure the semicolon is still at the end of the new line.

Unfortunately I don't know Java so can't really offer anything other than that to try - maybe someone who knows more about it will be able to help troubleshoot if the above doesn't work for you.

Cheers,

Phil.

gopi_pattepuram
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Robby,

I haven't done anything else but I had to update the extension script in two locations.

if you are accessing the qvw from desktop:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\objects

if you are accessing the qvw from access point (server):

C:\Users\<USERID>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\objects

Thanks

gopi_pattepuram
Contributor II
Contributor II

oops, sorry its other way around!

For QlikView desktop:

C:\Users\<USERID>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\objects

For Access point (Server):

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\objects

Thanks

Not applicable

I got it working.  Probably some kind of connectivity issue when I was trying to use the client installed on the server.

Works great!  Thanks!

Not applicable

Hi Alexander,

Hope you are doing well!

I am facing an issue in Google Maps - Cluster Extension object.

Earlier map used to show the bubbles of different colours, but right now bubbles are not coming.

I found out that path of the images used for bubbles are not more available on the web. May be the google directories get moved or something.

Below is the path of one of the image I find out

http://google-maps-utility-library-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/markerclusterer/images/m4.png

Can you please help me on this and also if possible can you update this extension object as well.

It will be really helpful, if you can share the file/extension to resolve this issue.

Or even if you can help me in telling the files which are used in the extension except the those that are there in extension object itself. Like common.js which is there.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepac Bangarwa

Not applicable

Hi Deepac,

I posted the solution to this on the previous page on this thread (  Re: Google Maps - Cluster‌ ).

Cheers,

Phil.

gopi_pattepuram
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Deepac

you need to update the marker cluster image path url in markercluster.js

please see Philip Healer's response on this issue in

https://community.qlik.com/thread/75665?start=270&tstart=0

Gopi

Not applicable

Does anyone know if its possible to have text as the popup contents for the markers?  Right now it seems to want numeric data so it can aggregate however the popup contents only appear for a single item marker anyway.