Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Google Maps - Heatmap

Google Maps Extension with Heatmap support.

QlikTech takes no responsibility for any code and QlikTech Support Agreement does not cover issues with this extension.

Please review Googles license agreement before you put this into production.

Big thanks to pablolabbe‌ for contributing to the project.

Download

mindspank/GoogleMaps-Heatmap-QV11 · GitHub

Introduction

A new addition to the Google Maps family. This extensions will take your data points and produce a heatmap on top of a Google Map.

A good tool easily spot areas with higher intensity of data points. There is no selection support for this extension has there is no markers available at the moment.

You can either use the extension 'as is' or use it as a base to further customize it to fit your needs.

heatmap.PNG

2013-12-14

Finally tracked down the errors when you tried to pass in faulty data.

Less DOM-calls.

2013-06-04

Added a check that QV passes valid data points to Google. If you are passing an invalid data point it will log it to the console in your browser.

Also enabled weighted data points. Now the weight if your data point in the heatmap will correspond to your expression value. If you want equal weight between the points, e.g the original heatmap where the number of data points determined your heat level, set a arbitrary value of =1

If you build something awesome please share it with the community!

Live long and prosper.

109 Replies
Not applicable

Hello Pablo, many many thanks for your contribution.

I was wondering whether you can help me with this extensions as the one in github.

Can you please post a complete qar?

Many thanks,

Spain.

Not applicable

Hi, this seems not work with QVW 11.2 SR8in windows x86. The problem is that there are no zoom or grill options within the menu and therefore the heatmap is reduced to almost the latitude and longitude point

Not applicable

Hi! did you get how to increas the point size? Thnx!

Not applicable

Hi Alexander,

First off - great plugin!  I did run into an error that hasn't been mentioned so far - whenever I tried to zoom or pan the map I kept on getting an error stating that 'console' wasn't defined.

I've managed to get round the error by commenting out any lines that tried to do anything to the console, but not sure if that's broken something else (I've never programmed Java in any form before).  Seems to work now though...

Cheers,

Phil

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Awesome, thanks for the heads up Philip. I'll update the extension.

bcraymond
Partner - Contributor III

Hi -

Just wondering where to get the sample .qvw file for this heatmap extension?

thanks,

Beth

Not applicable

Hi Beth,

There isn't one included within the extension download, but Alexander has made it easy to use...

First off (And I apologise if this covers stuff you already know - just skim read those bits!) you'll need to load your data in (With Latitude / Longitude co-ordinates included in separate fields).  Once this is done it takes less than 5 minutes to get a basic map put together.

You'll need to switch to web view within QlikView (Unless you've changed the defaults, it will be the last button on the right in the Design toolbar - it looks like a piece of paper with a globe in the bottom left corner).  If you haven't got the design toolbar on your screen, right click any part of the grey space under the main menu dropdowns (File, Edit etc) but above the main sheet and select it.

Once you're in web view, right click anywhere in the sheet and click New Sheet Object.  This will bring up a pop up menu showing the usual QlikView objects.  You'll need to click Extension Objects at the bottom of the menu then drag the 'GoogleMaps - Heatmap' object on to the sheet.

Right click the title bar and select Properties.  On this all you need to do is select the fields that contain your Long / Lat values and for the sake of ease - just put =1 into the measurement field (You can do a sum/count/average etc function on whichever field you want to map too).

Hopefully that should give you a map with the heatmap layer over the top.  If not there are a fair few comments on this thread that outline the usual suspects when something isn't working as it should (Usually outdated Internet Explorer installed).

If this doesn't help let me know and I'll try and upload a sample file later on today (Tomorrow at the latest).

Cheers,

Phil.

bcraymond

Thanks Philip!

Not applicable

this heatmap use without web view this is possible?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

No it's a extension so it requires web view or deployed through the Ajax client on QVS

Sent from my Windows Phone