Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Google Maps - Heatmap

Google Maps Extension with Heatmap support.

QlikTech takes no responsibility for any code and QlikTech Support Agreement does not cover issues with this extension.

Please review Googles license agreement before you put this into production.

Big thanks to pablolabbe‌ for contributing to the project.

Download

mindspank/GoogleMaps-Heatmap-QV11 · GitHub

Introduction

A new addition to the Google Maps family. This extensions will take your data points and produce a heatmap on top of a Google Map.

A good tool easily spot areas with higher intensity of data points. There is no selection support for this extension has there is no markers available at the moment.

You can either use the extension 'as is' or use it as a base to further customize it to fit your needs.

heatmap.PNG

2013-12-14

Finally tracked down the errors when you tried to pass in faulty data.

Less DOM-calls.

2013-06-04

Added a check that QV passes valid data points to Google. If you are passing an invalid data point it will log it to the console in your browser.

Also enabled weighted data points. Now the weight if your data point in the heatmap will correspond to your expression value. If you want equal weight between the points, e.g the original heatmap where the number of data points determined your heat level, set a arbitrary value of =1

If you build something awesome please share it with the community!

Live long and prosper.

109 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

That was what I was afraid off.

I don't have any time to work on it today but I could try to put together something this week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hej Alexander,

Would it be possible to include a sample qvw?

Thanks,

Antoine

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Alexander,

The extension is great and with a very simple code.

Using the extension I noticed a color dissipation issue when zooming. So I made some research and modified the script code to avoid this issue.

Now when zooming, I still see the red spots.

ScreenHunter_15 Mar. 09 21.03.jpg

I also noticed the measurement parameter is tied to the weight parameter, so I achieved a better result when setting this parameter between 7 and 10. 

How can I send you my updated version ?

Best Regards,

Pablo Labbe

ANALITKA Inteligencia

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Send a pull request on mindspank/GoogleMaps-Heatmap-QV11 · GitHub and I will merge it into the master branch.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Just send a pull request for definition.xml and script.js files.

hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Alex,

How to add values on Data Points in Google Heat maps. Extension is working fine but stuck with data points.

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi,

How to increase the point size ? I am trying from properties but it's not working.

robertonovelloi
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Pablo,

The old version is working well, but your new version is not working for me (map stay all white).

Can you publish a .qvw example?

Regards,

Roberto.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Roberto,

The attached sample works for me with the new version.

robertonovelloi

thanks Pablo, very good job.

Roberto.