Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnkitaC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi everyone, at the time of data loading after some in some particular line data is loading there on same line more than 1 hour. actually at the time

Hi everyone,

at the time of data loading after some in some particular line data is loading there on same line more than 1 hour. actually at the time of data loading after some 1 line is running continuously from 1 hour please check attach screenshot in that that last line is running more that 1 hour please check and give me suggestion.

Labels (6)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

The loads within the screenshot have around 100 M of records. Maybe your system is just out of RAM ...

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

Just simplify the approach by dividing it in multiple steps. The first one may be just to load a single field from it and afterwards a sum(Field) as X and then step by step the logic is extended.

Beside this I assume that you just copied this statement from another tool and you may have skipped essential parts to  get it to work and/or the relevant context. In this case I suggest to comprehend the logic within the origin tool at first because otherwise it will be very hard to adapt the logic within another tool.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This most commonly means one of two things:

1) The query or load directly after this one is taking forever to respond.

2) There's an attempt to join or keep between two tables which don't share any common fields, resulting in a Cartesian join.

marcus_sommer

The loads within the screenshot have around 100 M of records. Maybe your system is just out of RAM ...

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @AnkitaC 

Was this working before and stopped working, or is this the first time you attempt to do this?

Have you verify the two previous suggestions? 

Does it always fails in same section? 

If you create an app loading just that section of the script, do you see the same result?

Hope it helps!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
AnkitaC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

ROUND(sum(DECODE(POSI_TXN_TYPE, 'S', 1, 'R',0, 1)*((POSI_QTY * (POSI_RATE - NVL(POSI_RATE * POSI_DISC_PERC / 100, 0) - NVL(POSI_DISC_AMT, 0)))
+ NVL(POSI_LOOSE *(POSI_RATE - NVL(POSI_RATE * POSI_DISC_PERC / 100, 0) - NVL(POSI_DISC_AMT, 0))/UOM_MAX_LOOSE, 0))),2) SALE_AMT,

ned to calculate above expression calculation in qlik sense but error occur please suggest me changes

AnkitaC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

ROUND(sum(DECODE(POSI_TXN_TYPE, 'S', 1, 'R',0, 1)*((POSI_QTY * (POSI_RATE - NVL(POSI_RATE * POSI_DISC_PERC / 100, 0) - NVL(POSI_DISC_AMT, 0)))
+ NVL(POSI_LOOSE *(POSI_RATE - NVL(POSI_RATE * POSI_DISC_PERC / 100, 0) - NVL(POSI_DISC_AMT, 0))/UOM_MAX_LOOSE, 0))),2) SALE_AMT,

ned to calculate above expression calculation in qlik sense but error occur please suggest me changes

marcus_sommer

It looked that you applied invalid functions like decode() and nvl() in Qlik. I think for nvl() you may use coalesce() or alt() but decode() is unknown to me. Just look on the help within the tool from you have this function how it's worked and is categorized and I think you will also find the Qlik equivalent.

AnkitaC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for reply i already used alt() for nvl() but not understand this decode () and round() and at the time of using sum() function also error there please guide me what function i will use rather then sum 

marcus_sommer

round() is just a rounding - which isn't essentially for the main-logic and therefore just skip this part and add it afterwards if it's really needed.

In regard to the other functions it will depend where you want to use this expression and what's the aim of it. For example should the sum() be used within the script you will need to apply an appropriate group by clause by listing all not within the aggregation used fields. If you don't want to aggregate multiple values from a column else it's aimed as a row-level aggregation you mustn't apply an aggregation-function else a range-function like rangesum(). For decode you will need to look within the tool from which it is to learn what it does.

AnkitaC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you can you please guide how i will apply range sum() example please ?

according to this calculation