Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

New QlikView Mapping Extensions on QlikMarket

EDIT: These extensions are no longer maintained on QlikMarket since that is not an appropriate place for free and unsupported extensions.  I've modified the links below to point to the github repositories where I now keep them.  Also, since they're now hosted on github, feel free to make contributions to the code.

Hi everyone,

The demand for mapping in QlikView seems to be a hot topic these days, so I’ve put together two extensions that are now available on QlikMarket bearing the QlikView name.

The first one is an extension which uses SVG images to connect to the data and color and shade the regions in that image:

brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11 · GitHub

Similar to this map of US Counties:

svg.png

There’s no geospatial connection here (long/lat points can’t be plotted, etc.), but it should prove useful for a lot of simple needs and uses for visualization of a geographical entity.  It comes prepackaged with 35 or so maps of countries, etc. and also offers the ability to load in your own custom SVGs for things like floor plans, seating charts, etc.

The second extension is a simple geospatial mapping extension similar to the Google Maps and various other extensions you might have seen in community:

brianwmunz/QuickMap-QV11 · GitHub

This extension simply takes geographic data (longitude/latitude points) from QlikView and draws it over a map.  It supports the drawing of dots, lines, or polygon shapes.  For example:

gis.png

This doesn’t offer near the capabilities of a server based geospatial mapping solution like ESRI, GeoQlik, Idevio, etc. simply because it’s not server side, but it should be helpful for less heavy and complex mapping needs.

Anyway, I hear a lot about need for mapping so I thought I’d let everyone know.

154 Replies
Julie_Main
Employee
Employee

😉

Not applicable

Thanks Brian !  As per your Point 1) My data has multiple rows for same regions. I will try to make it unique and test then.

Also , Can you guide me in attaing the below mentioned objective :

1) Customize USA County SVG map ( which is standard and appears in the extension itself) to club multiple Counties to Regions as shown below :

CountyRegion
LOS ANGELESA
ORANGEA
VENTURAB
SAN BERNARDINOB
RIVERSIDEC
SAN DIEGOD

I want to show these two levels of regions in the map. Please guide me ! Thanks

Sahil

Not applicable

Thanks guys,

I did have multiple rows of data for each area, but I presume that this can be overcome by loading the mapping in a table, and the using a matching ID to link it to other data that will be on multiple lines.

I did not actually create an SVG file because I simply selected the UK option as this implied it was at NUTS 3 level.

I'm now using OpenLayers as a coleauge of mine created an KML file for all the local authorities in England and this is exactly what I required. I have not changed any of the KML and so it has been really easy to use and have had no other issues with it - looks like a good solution!

Thanks again for your responses,

Isabel

Julie_Main
Employee
Employee

I'll have another look at the SVG, however is there any chance you can share the KML file for Openlayers?  I have a PostCode file for KML, but not a Local Authority one and that would be really useful.

Not applicable

Hi Brian,

Please give me the link to download this extension. I actually tried a lot but couldn't find it.

Regards

Sagar Gupta

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Brian,

I would like to use svgMap but it doesn't show anything (except controls) in WebView on v11.2 IR or v11.2 SR2 with IE 9 or IE 10. How to go further with it? However, the SVG map on the apps on the demo site is working for me.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
IVAN-FELIPE
Employee
Employee

Brian, I work with v11.2 SR2 and IE 9 and it works fine.

The only I have to do is include the correct Id's in the dimension I use for each map. For example, the map about Spain needs to work with provinces and their ISO Code.

Province CodeProvName
ES-A Alicante
ES-AB Albacete
ES-AL Almeria
ES-AV Avila
ES-B Barcelona
ES-BA Badajoz
ES-BI Vizcaya...
IVAN-FELIPE
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately I've another kind of issues, rendering the images.

When I make selections sometimes the images shown are not rendered correctly, for example,

in the image below I should see only one municipality, but the image are not well rendered until I click Ctrl+F5.

Could you help to improve this?

ProvinciaLeon.png

ProvinciaLeon2.png

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I have ie10 with 11.20 SR2 and the same problem!

Not applicable

I also have ie10 with 11.20 SR2 and the same problem!