cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

New QlikView Mapping Extensions on QlikMarket

EDIT: These extensions are no longer maintained on QlikMarket since that is not an appropriate place for free and unsupported extensions.  I've modified the links below to point to the github repositories where I now keep them.  Also, since they're now hosted on github, feel free to make contributions to the code.

Hi everyone,

The demand for mapping in QlikView seems to be a hot topic these days, so I’ve put together two extensions that are now available on QlikMarket bearing the QlikView name.

The first one is an extension which uses SVG images to connect to the data and color and shade the regions in that image:

brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11 · GitHub

Similar to this map of US Counties:

svg.png

There’s no geospatial connection here (long/lat points can’t be plotted, etc.), but it should prove useful for a lot of simple needs and uses for visualization of a geographical entity.  It comes prepackaged with 35 or so maps of countries, etc. and also offers the ability to load in your own custom SVGs for things like floor plans, seating charts, etc.

The second extension is a simple geospatial mapping extension similar to the Google Maps and various other extensions you might have seen in community:

brianwmunz/QuickMap-QV11 · GitHub

This extension simply takes geographic data (longitude/latitude points) from QlikView and draws it over a map.  It supports the drawing of dots, lines, or polygon shapes.  For example:

gis.png

This doesn’t offer near the capabilities of a server based geospatial mapping solution like ESRI, GeoQlik, Idevio, etc. simply because it’s not server side, but it should be helpful for less heavy and complex mapping needs.

Anyway, I hear a lot about need for mapping so I thought I’d let everyone know.

154 Replies
koresaket
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Brian,

I've been using the svgReader extension for a while now and it work's like a charm.. However I've been having a few difficulties displaying the svg text elements on the extensions? Are the svg text elements supported via this extension?

Thanks.

vdcastro
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Ivan,

i have a question and i think you can help me.

I need an SVG Map of Spain (Provinces and ISO Code) to use on a Qlik App.

I am trying to build one. I already have the image but i have no idea how to math Province + ISO Code with the map.

Can you help me?

Thank you

IVAN-FELIPE
Employee
Employee

Hi Vítor

I have a set of svg from Spain with 4 regions levels, from Comunidad Autonoma, Province, Comarca and Municipality

Attached you'll find the SVGs and an XLS to allow you map the region code with valid and simple region names.

I attached a link to dropbox to download it.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpja47srmp6otyi/AAD29XnoWzR6Ynz88vttZHoEa?dl=0

Regards !

vdcastro

Thank you very much by your help.

I will try understand your work.

If i find some problem, can i bother you again?

Once again, thank you very much

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brian,

I installed SVG reader for Qliksense from your post in Github. I want to create a human body like this using SVG  reader, how can I do it? Bubbles here is the measure and human body is a dimension

Thanks

Juna