Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

URL Encode / Decode

Hi All

We are hitting a challenge when linking to a QlikView application from another Web Portal. What we want is to publish a URL on a Web Portal, that links to a QlikView application on QlikView Server. We are using QlikView Web Server without IIS.

The problem is faced when the QlikView application has a space in its name. (Which is a good thing to avoid the name being techie.) For example, "Sales Compass". In the HTML standards that I have browsed, a space is most often encoded into %20. For example, "Sales%20Compass". QlikView Web Server handles this by decoding into a space. However, the Web Portal we are using does not encode the space into %20, instead it encodes space into + (a plus). For example, "Sales+Compass". And in the HTML standards I have read that should be acceptable. QlikView Web Server does not decode a + into a space.

We have tried setting the URL on the Web Portal to have the space already encoded, for example, "Sales%20Compass", but the Web Portal further encodes the %20 into %2520, for example, "Sales%2520Compass".

Does anyone know if we can configure QlikView Web Server to decode a + into a space?

Thanks

Al.

2 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You can use '_' instead of spaces as simple solution.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but I did say that spaces were good, i.e. I don't want an underscore.