Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_gonnet
Contributor
Contributor

Using QLIkView thru a F5 VIP

HI,

Does someone experiment accessing QLIKVIEW Server/Publisher thru a F5 VIP. I'm facing trouble with the license lease  functionality. 

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The issue is going to be whether the F5 is allowing any client info through, as we have to have some specific info from the client in order to properly attach the license lease in the backend to the CAL History etc.  I would probably trace what is coming into the F5 versus what is coming out the other end and see what is dropping, if there is no info we can use to identify the user uniquely, that is going to be a problem.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you, but hopefully gives you something else to look into.

You can also have a look at the QVS Event logs to see if the QVS is recognizing the request for the lease update etc., as if log verbosity is set to High on the QVS, we should be logging the license lease registration or update to existing one there.  If that is not there, then I think my first hunch is likely in play, we are not getting enough information to uniquely identify the user etc. 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.