Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arrehaman
Contributor
Contributor

is SQL Code running faster on QLIKVIEW

Hey everybody, I just recently started using Qlikview because my database went north from 1M rows. So, my query took 9 hours to complete using SQL management studio 2014 express for only 1.3M rows. When I put it on qliview I expanded it to all my products going shy of 4.5M. My Qlikview code is simply the connection to my server and then a SQL statement followed by my exact same code I use on SQL MS. Thing is, I thought it would take forever but it took only half an hour. I already checked some of the data and it seems to be working just right but something seems odd. Why would it be faster? does it make any sense? Can I trust my data? Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikview doesn't run any sql code. All it does is pass a text string with the sql statement to the odbc or oledb driver and that driver makes sure the SQL server executes it. Then it returns the results back to Qlikview. So if there is any difference and you're sure you're using then exact same sql statement it could be that different drivers are used. Or perhaps in SQL Studio there's detailed logging enabled or something like that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand