Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to base colour of block chart on expression?

Hello,

I have seen this screenshot of block chart which is set up like kind of "heat map". One metric (i.e. expense amount) affects the size of the blocks, second one (i.e. expense change from prevoius year) affects the color of the blocks.

HeatMap.png

How can i do so?

Thanks for the response!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joseluis_garcia
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

You can use the COLORMIX or ARGB color functions to set the background color of expression
e.g.
argb (floor (sum (Amount) / sum (total amount) * 255), 102, 204, 102) generates a green color gradient based on the total amount

colormix1 (avg (PercentOfMargin), red (), green ()) creates a gradient from red to green based the margin percentage (although the size of the box depends on the total amount)

Jose Luis

HeatMap_gradient.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

do you want to have different colors for each expression of your chart?

In that case, the way to have different colors for different expressions is using the chart property Colors.

For each expression you can set a different color.

Hope it helps

Best regards

Giampiero

joseluis_garcia
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

You can use the COLORMIX or ARGB color functions to set the background color of expression
e.g.
argb (floor (sum (Amount) / sum (total amount) * 255), 102, 204, 102) generates a green color gradient based on the total amount

colormix1 (avg (PercentOfMargin), red (), green ()) creates a gradient from red to green based the margin percentage (although the size of the box depends on the total amount)

Jose Luis

HeatMap_gradient.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

After creating above map i want to populate only green Colour in chart using  button or text object

could you please share your suggestions

Regards,

bobby