cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set a chart not to change when selection change

Hi All,

this is my need, if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated:

I'm building a dasboard where thate are several indicators which have to show values averages for this quarter(2012). So I have to keep selected "4Q 2012" in the field "Quarter".

At the same time I have some timecharts which has to show the trends all over the year. But if I select "4Q  2012" thet off course show that period only.

How can I make those time charts always show all the quarters though a specific quarter is selected?

Atache an image of the dashboard

Many thanks

Matteo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Matteo,

You can either detach the chart, so it will keep the last state, and it will not change unless attached again, or use set analysis to force the expression to ignore the selection on a given field. For example, to ignore fields Quarter and Region, the syntax would look like

Sum({< Quarter =, Region = >} Sales)

leaving the right part empty on purpose.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Matteo,

You can either detach the chart, so it will keep the last state, and it will not change unless attached again, or use set analysis to force the expression to ignore the selection on a given field. For example, to ignore fields Quarter and Region, the syntax would look like

Sum({< Quarter =, Region = >} Sales)

leaving the right part empty on purpose.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Matteo,

if your chart does not need to react to any selection you can just right click on it and choose detach. The chart will stay the same no matter what selections you make.

Hope that helps,

Susann

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel,

it works perfectly!

I knew how to use set analysys to select a value in the expression but not to ignor selections.

I know about the chance to detach charts (thanks Susann) but I have to upgrada data quite often ant it would have been uncomfortable.