Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table or Pivot?

Hi friends,

I have a option of using Table versus Pivot in my dashboard. In ideal cases which one is favorable and why?

Also, how can i look them feel cool in my dashboard, as a simple table wont be much attractive.

Regards,

Kuldeep

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
veeranj
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

If you are referring between Staright table and pivot table,then you can use pivot table if you want to to Partial sums on dimensions where as in Straight table you cant.
In Pivot table you can do grouping of dimensions  where as in straight you cant.The same set of dimension value will get repeated for each row in straight table.

Thanks,

Anjee

View solution in original post

5 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Depends on user requirements:

Table gives you straight result, this is more for showing the overall result

With Pivot you can drill down in you calculations to see breakdown of each category.

To look 'cool' just Google them to find some interesting examples

veeranj
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

If you are referring between Staright table and pivot table,then you can use pivot table if you want to to Partial sums on dimensions where as in Straight table you cant.
In Pivot table you can do grouping of dimensions  where as in straight you cant.The same set of dimension value will get repeated for each row in straight table.

Thanks,

Anjee

Not applicable
Author

Thanks robert and veeran for your answers.

As given a personal choice, i would choose pivot over table box, because of the reasons mentioned by you both.

Cheers!

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check this as well.

https://community.qlik.com/message/608088#608088

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author