Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

[QlikOcx] Class not registered exception

Hi everybody !

Last week, I tried to use the QlikOCX.ocx library in order to make some operation on QV documents from an external VB program.

I installed Visual Studio express 2010 SP1 (VB) and added Qlikocx.ocx reference in my project.

It worked fine but since the last week, I installed QV11. After that, it was impossible to open documents created with QV10. So I uninstalled QV11 and reinstall QV 10 but now in my visual studio project I got this error :

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C3661E8B-415E-11D1-934D-0040333C91CC} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

My code :

Dim QlikApp As QlikView.Application

QlikApp = New QlikView.Application <= line with exception

I made a research in the registry and didn't find the C3661E8B-415E-11D1-934D-0040333C91CC value.

I tried to register Ocx file with the regsvr32 but it didn't work and I didn't find solution on the Web. This problem make me crazy. Have you any idea ?

Regards,

1 Reply
Not applicable

[QlikOcx] Class not registered exception

It seems to be possible using directly the qv.exe file from the Visual Studio project and it works fine.

Community Browser