Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

[QlikOcx] Class not registered exception

Hi everybody !

Last week, I tried to use the QlikOCX.ocx library in order to make some operation on QV documents from an external VB program.

I installed Visual Studio express 2010 SP1 (VB) and added Qlikocx.ocx reference in my project.

It worked fine but since the last week, I installed QV11. After that, it was impossible to open documents created with QV10. So I uninstalled QV11 and reinstall QV 10 but now in my visual studio project I got this error :

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C3661E8B-415E-11D1-934D-0040333C91CC} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

My code :

Dim QlikApp As QlikView.Application

QlikApp = New QlikView.Application <= line with exception

I made a research in the registry and didn't find the C3661E8B-415E-11D1-934D-0040333C91CC value.

I tried to register Ocx file with the regsvr32 but it didn't work and I didn't find solution on the Web. This problem make me crazy. Have you any idea ?

Regards,

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

It seems to be possible using directly the qv.exe file from the Visual Studio project and it works fine.