cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

This package (referred to as Qlik Sense Scalability Tools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analysis of load/performance tests.

This tool is now deprecated and will not receive any further updates, please use the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools instead.

Supported versions of Qlik Sense: all 2020, all 2021, 2022-aug

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating and executing a simulation script
  • Documentation on how to use the package
  • Regression analyzer
  • Benchmarking package
  • App evaluator package

QlikView and Qlik Sense documents to help analyze result and log files (previously included in this package) can be found here :https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15451

Troubleshooting

For help to troubleshoot connection problems, please review Appendix A of the documentation or Connection Troubleshooting Tips

Change log

v5.17.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense May 2022 release
  • Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2022 release

v5.16.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Feb 2022 release

v5.15.0

•  Add support for Qlik Sense Nov 2021 release

v5.14.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2021 release

(See Readme.txt for changes in earlier versions of the tool.)

Your use of Qlik Sense Scalability Tool will be subject to the same license agreement between you and Qlik for your Qlik Sense License. Qlik does not provide maintenance and support services for the Qlik Sense Scalability Tool, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

Labels (2)
199 Replies
ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Alexander,

That did help! After enabling WMI-in in the firewall I am able to run the query from my machine as you suggested. Now the AppEvaluator process runs without warnings or errors, although I still think there is an issue. Is it normal that this process runs for a very long time? I stopped the executor after 30 minutes with a small app that has only 4 sheets.

Thanks,

Steven

SebastianFabian
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Steven,

Did you look at the log file? If you ran the test from the GUI tool (Scalability Tools) you will find them under ScalabilityTools<root folder>\Results (see page 6 of the App evaluator documentation). If something went wrong or is taking an unreasonable amount of time, this file should provide a pointer as to what the root cause could be.

Please keep in mind that the performance of the App evaluator depends not only on the number of sheets but also the number of objects and the complexity of them.

Best regards,

Sebastian

PawelF
Employee
Employee

I'm sorry for late reply.

The recommenced way is to do this through QMC. Go to users. Filter by user directory BMTEST. Top right there is an Actions button choose select all and use Delete button at the bottom of the page.

This process most probably needs repetition number of times due to paging in QMC which displays limited amount of entries.

The alternative is to execute the SQL query in the DB using pgAdmin. But I have not done done it for a long time, so I cannot provide you with a query.

jake_laird
Partner - Explorer
Partner - Explorer

Hello,

We were running into a confusing situation regarding some testing results, specifically the change sheet action, and were hoping for some clarification.

The short version is we are trying to test human experience in the form of time it takes to load a specific sheet in an app. When we run a change sheet operation on that sheet, it will give us the results of ~10 +-5 seconds. When a manual user goes to that sheet and loads it, it can take ~40-90 seconds to load. Two users it can take over 7 minutes (mind you this is testing an unoptimized app on the lowest system settings so we expect this). 

The thing that is confusing is no matter how many concurrent users are plugged in, as long as we don't crash qlik, the response time is usually a fraction of the actual load time. Specifically users will see the attached loading notification on the objects.  loading.png

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

A few suspicions that could cause this:

* Rendering takes long time (the tools do not simulate rendering, but rather the time to get all data)

* The app uses extensions, and those take a long time to calculate. Extensions are not fully supported by the tools.

Lastly, did you measure in the same way? If you simulate several iterations then the cache will be used for all but the first request, so even if it takes a long time to initially calculate that measure will go down when you get more samples that is taken from the cache.

Cheers

Sebastian

jake_laird
Partner - Explorer
Partner - Explorer

That specific was indeed being caused by an extension error as you suspected. As a follow up, can this tool be used to simulate users and load times?

For example if i wanted to see how many concurrent users i can throw at an app until those users reach a start to achieve a sub x second load time? On top of that, could i run two of these tests at once so It would simulate x users on app a and app b un they both reach optimal load times. The goal is finding how man users are optimal but it's hard since i seem to be getting different results each run.

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi Jake,

Yes indeed, the tools are made for that very purpose - measuring response times and reesource consumption when loading a system with various amount of virtual users.

cheers

jok
Employee
Employee

Hey guys.  I just downloaded this and am receiving an error about the file isn't digitally signed.  I have RemoteSigned as the execution policy and am using PS version 4.0.  I'm also running this as an administrator.  The account used to run these tools also has admin privileges on the server and is the root admin for Qlik.  I was running the June release just fine and now have problems with this one.  Thoughts?

EDIT: So I pulled up an older version that I just happened to have (v4.3.0).  That will run the PS script but for some reason, when I pull back the app structure in the scenario editor, I still can't see any objects.  I pulled a sheet ID for the app from the HUB and when the Executor ran, it said it couldn't find the sheet.

I'm running the Feb 2018 version of Sense.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Did you Unblock the zip file before extracting?

jok
Employee
Employee

They are already unblocked.  No "unblock" button in the properties dialog.