Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

QV Scalability Tools (QV10,QV11,QV12)

This package (referred to as QVScalabilityTools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analyzing of load/performance tests and regression tests.

QlikView documents to help analyze result and log files(This was previously included in this package):Scalability Results Analyzer

Older versions of the tool can be found here: Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Tools for Qlik Sense can be found here: Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

Note: Using windows built-in unzip functionality will not allow the .exe to launch unless unblocking zipped package first (properties -> unblock).

Note: Regarding Apache Log4j, reference CVE-2021-44228 (also referred to as Log4Shell), these set of tools are not directly vulnerable to the exploit, however JMeter, the tool required as a separate download, is. How to mitigate the vulnerability for JMeter has been documented here : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Scalability-tools-and-log4j/ta-p/1872009 

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating a JMeter script
  • Support files for launching the script by utilizing the JMeter engine (JMeter installed is a pre-requisite)
  • Documentation on how to use the package

Version 1.2.7->1.2.8

• Changes Section Access requests

Changelog 1.2.6->1.2.7

• NTLM support removed due current solution broken and lack of a new secure solution.
  • Small updates for static content, for future product releases.

2019-08-26

Documentation updates due to:
- New recommended JMeter version (4.0)
- Changes to the licensing for the Oracle Java implementation (seehttps://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/oracle-jdk-faqs.html)
- Open-source Java Development Kits (JDKs) have been verified for use with JMeter and the QlikView Scalability Tools

Changelog 1.2.5->1.2.6

• Added support for QlikView 12.50 and 12.20SR10

Changelog 1.2.4->1.2.5

• Added support for QlikView 12.30

Changelog 1.2.3->1.2.4

• Added support for JMeter 4.0 and Java 9.
  • Bugfixes for regression testing
  • Added actions: Select Excluded, Select All, Select Possible
  • Added support for 12.20 SR3

Changelog 1.2.2->1.2.3

• Bugfix for export to excel action
  • Added transfer state (bookmark) support for document chaining
  • GUI: Template selection more accurately show supported Qv versions

Changelog 1.2.1->1.2.2

• Bugfixes, make sure minimum amount of selections are respected in certain corner cases

Changelog 1.2->1.2.1

• Improved performance for high throughput scenarios

Changelog 1.1 -> 1.2

• Improved assertions logic to show faulty actions as errors
  • Change JMeter template scripts to use groovy instead of beanshell
  • New prerequisites:
    • JMeter version 3.0
    • Java 64-bit JRE 8

Your use of QVScalabilityTools will be subject to the same license agreement between you and QlikTech for QlikView Server. QlikTech does not provide maintenance and support services for QVScalabilityTools, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

PLEASE NOTE:

The supported versions of Java are 8 and 9. Supported version of JMeter are 3.0 and 4.0, but not 3.2

146 Replies
Not applicable

So I'm running the scalability tool, I have setup the data collector, but when I generate my script, and execute it.  Then create the QVD's and read those I find that the it doesn't appear that the data collector is getting the cpu or ram usage stats.  I'm using the template included also.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Not applicable

So I'm using version 8 here and I just can't get it to work.  The tests run, I get the log files, I can create the qvd's and look at the stats, the problem is that none of the performance stats really load.  I don't get cpu or ram usage stats and I think the reason for this is, is because the following info doesn't get filled in: QVS_Servername, QVS_Cores, QVS_Ram, QVS_Ram_Min%, QVS_Ram_Max%, %Key_ServerName, cores, ram, RAM_Min%, Ram_Max%,

Where do these get pulled from? I look at the performance logs and I see that stats are being pulled, but not in the qvw. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I do have a zip file of everything so if you would like to review it please let me know.  Though it is nice to see the response times, what I really need is the cpu and ram usage stats.

Alejandro_Hernández
Former Employee
Former Employee

Jeremy,

Are you following these steps?

Collect information about the machines used

Open the ServerMetaFetcher.qvw and enable Macro. Add all IP addresses or machine names, for all machines used in the testing, to the table. Click the "Fetch Properties"-button. Check the details table to ensure that everything is collected. Make sure that the WorkingSet-limits should be set according to the settings in QEMC->System->Setup->Performance for the machines, as these are defaulted to min 70 and max 90 and not read from the server.

Click the "Export ServerInfo"-button. This will save an xml file, called ServerInfo.xml, adjacent to ServerMetaFetcher.qvw.

Not applicable

I have used that, I have enabled macros in the Management Console.  The issue I have is that I put down the following IPs/servernames (localhost, 127.0.0.1, mcqkvwwap001, 64.54.35.125.  These all deal with one server as the web server and qlikview server are on the same machine and I'm running my tests on that machine.  When I click fetch properties only localhost and 127.0.0.1 get filled in with data, not the servername or external ip address.

Now when you say enable Macro are you talking on the server side or in the app?  If in the app how do I do that?

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Jeremy,

Macros needs to be enabled in the QlikView desktop running the ServerMetaFetcher.qvw. Macros can be enabled by clicking allow any in the popup when opening it the first time or by going to Tools->Edit Module and changing Current Local Securiy to Allow System Access.

The metafile can also be created from within the QvScalabilityTools by clicking Tools->Get server info and providing the correct server and output folder in the dialog.

Not applicable

Daniel,

Thanks for this, this fixed the issue with not being able to pull the server information.  But with this pulled I don't see that my server info xml file is any different then when I just manually added in the hostname and external ip of the server.  When I use the QVD generator and SC_Results, I'm still seeing that the server settings are still blank for everything.

Here is what my server info file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<TableBox>

<Details>

<ID>1</ID>

<ServerName>127.0.0.1</ServerName>

<Description>HP</Description>

<BIOSName>Default System BIOS</BIOSName>

<OperatingSystemName>Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise |C:\Windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2</OperatingSystemName>

<OperatingSystemVersion>6.1.7601</OperatingSystemVersion>

<OperatingSystemServicePackVersion>1.0</OperatingSystemServicePackVersion>

<OperatingSystemSizeStoredInPagingFiles>32768000</OperatingSystemSizeStoredInPagingFiles>

<ComputerName>MCQKVWWAP001</ComputerName>

<ComputerManufacturer>HP</ComputerManufacturer>

<ComputerModel>ProLiant BL460c Gen8</ComputerModel>

<ComputerNumberOfProcessors>2</ComputerNumberOfProcessors>

<ComputerCurrentTimeZone>-420</ComputerCurrentTimeZone>

<ComputerTotalPhysicalMemory>137402654720</ComputerTotalPhysicalMemory>

<ProcessorDescription>Intel64 Family 6 Model 45 Stepping 7</ProcessorDescription>

<ProcessorNumberOfCores>8</ProcessorNumberOfCores>

<ProcessorNumberOfLogicalProcessors>8</ProcessorNumberOfLogicalProcessors>

<ProcessorMaxClockSpeed>2600</ProcessorMaxClockSpeed>

<ProcessorName>Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz</ProcessorName>

<QVSWorkingSetMin>70</QVSWorkingSetMin>

<QVSWorkingSetMax>90</QVSWorkingSetMax>

</Details>

<Details>

<ID>2</ID>

<ServerName>localhost</ServerName>

<OperatingSystemName>Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise |C:\Windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2</OperatingSystemName>

<OperatingSystemSizeStoredInPagingFiles>32768000</OperatingSystemSizeStoredInPagingFiles>

<ProcessorDescription>Intel64 Family 6 Model 45 Stepping 7</ProcessorDescription>

</Details>

<Details>

<ID>3</ID>

<ServerName>mcqkvwwap001</ServerName>

</Details>

<Details>

<ID>4</ID>

<ServerName>64.54.35.125</ServerName>

</Details>

For server settings, what should or shouldn't be checked.  I unchecked "Allow Session Recovery",

Under Logging, I have checked "enable session logging, enable performance logging (1 minute), enable event logging and enable audit logging"  Event Log Verbosity = high and split logs daily. 

Under the Authentication tab, it is: Allow Anonymous, Anonymous Account = On Local Computer, Authorization = NTFS, Micellaneous checked = allow dynamic data update, allow unsafe macro execution on server, allow extensions, allow macro execution on server and compress network traffic.

Performance working set is 70% and 90%.

Should I be setting my logs to normal logging or debug logging?

I'm still not sure where the server settings get set from and why when I look at SC_Results all of the server settings are blank.

Not applicable

Also, should I be having logging turned on, in the app I'm running the test against?

Not applicable

Also here is what I am seeing when I reload SC_Results -

RecordTypeJMeter << INLAA97 2 lines fetched

TestGroup << JMeterLogMeta 0 lines fetched

TestServer << JMeterLogMeta 1 lines fetched

JMeterLogs << INLAA98 0 lines fetched

JMeterLogs << ResStudDash baseline_localhost_[1-1-3]_140702120437 735 lines fetched

DocumentUsed << ResStudDash baseline_localhost_[1-1-3]_140702120437_UsedQVWs (qvd optimized) 0 lines fetched

MaxRelativeTime << JMeterLogs 1 lines fetched

PrettyLogFileNames << PrettyLogFileNames 1 lines fetched

Calendar << ResStudDash baseline_localhost_[1-1-3]_140702120437_Cal 52 lines fetched

OpenDoc << DocumentLoad 0 lines fetched

PerformanceCounters_%KEY_TimeSlot << MCQKVWWAP001_Processes20140702-000030 0 lines fetched

ServerInfo << TableBox/Details 0 lines fetched

PerformanceCounters_%KEY_TimeSlot_QVS << MCQKVWWAP001_Processes20140702-000030 0 lines fetched

QVS_ServerInfo << TableBox/Details 0 lines fetched

PerformanceCounters_%KEY_TimeSlot_WEB << MCQKVWWAP001_Processes20140702-000030 0 lines fetched

WEB_ServerInfo << TableBox/Details 0 lines fetched

PerformanceCounters_WEB_TimeSlots << PerformanceCounters_%KEY_TimeSlot_WEB 0 lines fetched

Events << Events 0 lines fetched

QVSEVENTS << Events 0 lines fetched

SessionLog << SessionsLog 0 lines fetched

commentmap << INLB092 163 lines fetched

Appears that it isn't finding any lines for a lot of the counters.

One last thing in looking at the UsedQVWsQVD my QVD is blank, it doesn't have the %KEY_QlikMachineID nor LoadedQVW filled in. 

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

I see that you ran the tool locally instead of using an external load client as per recommendation. Running it locally will obviously affect the test results depending on how heavy the test is, as for a heavier test QlikView engine and JMeter might contend for resources. Running it locally will also not include the response times induced by your IT infrastructure thus being faster than a real user will perceive it. However depending on the purpose of the test it might be just fine.

The problem you are experience now is due to the JMeter log files being named baseline_localhost_[1-1-3]_140702120437. Rename the file replacing localhost with MCQKVWWAP001 and the generator should be able to find lines connected to the test.