Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jens_Argentzell
Employee
Employee

Quick tips #15 - Pre-caching with JMeter

Pre-caching is a concept used to trigger certain selections/actions in a QlikView application to have these calculations cached.  The purpose is to improve performance and response times for the first user as fetching something from cache is much faster than calculating. During a restart of a QVS all prior cached result sets will be purged and when source data has been modified the result sets of previously cached calculations becomes invalid. To circumvent poor perception for the first users after reloads and/or restarts it can therefore be beneficial to pre-cache common calculations. This download contains an example/template batch file and documentation on how to use JMeter for pre-caching via creation of a supporting task in QMC.

Cheers from the Scalability Team

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is very interesting idea - I was going to use NPrinting to pre-cache specific selections. I have not tried it yet but NPrinting can cycle though field values and filter data so one knowing that users normally access can build a report and make these selections in the morning before users start using QVW.

Not applicable

Hello,

This is very interesting and useful idea. But did you have any problem running jmeter scripts on qlikview 10 using ie plugin, my experience is that it hangs but not sure if I am doing something wrong.