Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglaspomerol
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Configuring AWS Cognito as IdP for Qlik Cloud

Hi,

We have a client who requires authentication to Qlik Cloud using AWS Cognito.  There is very little to nothing out there on configuration steps and I'm hoping that someone has set this up and got it working previously?

Any step by step guide would be very useful?

Also, unlike Qlik Sense Enterprise where you can set up virtual proxies to test different authentication methods without affecting users ability to login, Qlik Cloud only allows you to have 1 authentication method, the default offered by Qlik themselves.  In the past I have been able to test authentication methods without impacting users in case I messed up.  With Qlik Cloud if I try and set up AWS Cognito or any other auth method, I can basically manage to lock all users out of our Qlik Cloud environment.  

How do Qlik Admins test authentication methods in Qlik Cloud effectively without affecting users? short of having a standbox?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @douglaspomerol,

Unfortunately, there is no documentation for AWS Cognito IDP. I would suggest you reach out to your Account manager and he can connect you with Professional services and assist you better with this.

As you mentioned in Qlik SaaS, we only support a single active IDP at a time and it's not going to be changed anytime soon as far as I know. If you have any testing requirements, your account manager can provide a test tenant so that you can carry out the testing depending upon the availability.

I hope this helps. Let me know!

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @douglaspomerol,

Unfortunately, there is no documentation for AWS Cognito IDP. I would suggest you reach out to your Account manager and he can connect you with Professional services and assist you better with this.

As you mentioned in Qlik SaaS, we only support a single active IDP at a time and it's not going to be changed anytime soon as far as I know. If you have any testing requirements, your account manager can provide a test tenant so that you can carry out the testing depending upon the availability.

I hope this helps. Let me know!

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!