Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xuser112
Contributor II
Contributor II

Exposing Internal Qlik sense server to Internet facing(Public - any one with credentials given can access)

Scenario :  

I have a qliksense server already installed, Up & running. I hosted this qliksense server in an AWS instance(private). we are able to access that qlik sense server by using a DNS alias internally(within our company through a web browser).

AWS instance hostname:  "IP-address.subdomain.companyname.com"

DNS alias Name: "abcd.subdomain.companyname.com"

Here, "subdomain.companyname.com" is a completely private domain of the company and It cannot be accessed by anyone outside the company (external people through the internet).

Requirement :

Now, we got a requirement that should let the external users access the internal qliksense server from the Internet.

By using any public URL with valid authentication and can we bypass the users to our internal qliksense server to access the server securely?

or 
Do any settings/configurations need to be added/changed in qmc/somewhere to meet our requirement?

or else
can someone suggest to me if there is any way to do fulfill our requirement?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Xuser112,

I don't believe this will require any additional configuration on the Qlik side. Perhaps you could look into using network devices like VPN's or a bastion server.