Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnaiub
Contributor
Contributor

Hisyory of QVD files loading

The business I work keeps very sensible data of our clients (ID, phone number and home address) and I'm the leader of the BI team over there. I know the problems that data leaks may cause to the organization, and the responsibility would probably fall under the DBA's or my shoulders, since we are the only ones with full database read permissions.

I suspect one of the employees under my watch may be loading some QVDs into a fresh application, peeking some info and deleting the application right after. Fearing the worst case, I'd like to know if its possible to keep track of when a QVD file was loaded into any application (I'm not talking about the load history of a single, but all of them) who did it, and when. If yes, how can I configure my environment to do so?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Hello!

You can find the script analyser tool in : https://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/script-log-analyzer/.

but the logging in the Qliksense operations monitor is also a way to go!

View solution in original post

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can scan the logfiles as @JHuis .  Another approach might be to turn on WIndows File Auditing and review all accesses to the QVDs of concern.

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Hello!

You can find the script analyser tool in : https://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/script-log-analyzer/.

but the logging in the Qliksense operations monitor is also a way to go!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can scan the logfiles as @JHuis .  Another approach might be to turn on WIndows File Auditing and review all accesses to the QVDs of concern.

-Rob