Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I_Berola
Contributor
Contributor

Issue on HUB: User not yet active.

Hello Community 

Since jan 24 most of the users of our Env. got the error below:

The user's account is inactive. Contact your administrator to activate it.

Usually clearing cache or using another browser works.

Can you please suggest any idea/solution? 

Basically, can be related to a windows update?

Thanks a lot in advance

Paolo

Labels (3)
5 Replies
HajiraKhan
Support
Support

Hello, Good day.

Please check the below posts and see if it applies in your case:

Automatically Inactive Users in QMC sense

User can't log in or service not running any longe... - Qlik Community - 1716259

Best regards
Hajira M

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@I_Berola What is your UDC configuration? If you use LDAP with AD groups setup, Could be the case the user maybe removed from AD group and in QMC maybe UDC ran successfully, due to that the user removed from license. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
I_Berola
Contributor
Contributor
Author

hello, thanks for your reply. Actually we already checked the AD but the issue is pretty different.

In particular if you use another browser it works fine. How can you explain it? Why cancelling cache or using a different browser hub perform the page?

Paolo

I_Berola
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi HajiraKhan,

We have already defined a specific AD group per the Qlik users. Furthermore, the user with the error is not "inactive" or "removed ext" into users list on the QMC. Infact if the user switch from Chrome to MS Edge, access on the Qlik Hub succeed fine.

Lastly, no changes were made to the user profile on LDAP.

It is possible that there is a Browser setting or patching incompatibility with our Qlik Sense version? (Aug 2022 patch 4)

Ranganath_DR
Support
Support

Hi @I_Berola ,

Check QS proxy logs and windows security events for failed login alerts for the timestamp and then use windows event ID for further investigation.