Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaden
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense November 2023 -- Sessions Monitor App

Hi All,

I just upgraded to Qlik Sense November 2023 and I was trying to run my Sessions Monitor App that comes installed with Qlik Sense Enterprise. I keep getting this error message:

Jaden_0-1712085794058.png

I have tried to update the password in the QMC under data connections like it says in this community post:

Reload of the Operations Monitor app or other moni... - Qlik Community - 1711754

Jaden_2-1712085954510.png

This unfortunately still gives me an error message.

Any thoughts on this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Rashmi_ramakrishna

• Is the username still accurate or has it been changed?
  • Is the user still permitted to access the server?
  • Has the password changed? 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-on-premise-Monitoring-Apps-fail-w....

If the issue persists, test the connection with a different root admin account and ensure the password on that account is 'simple' free of special characters.

It is possible that the account used (should be the service account) may be corrupted or have too complex a password. 

During installation, a user account is created under which the Qlik Sense services run. If the credentials for that account changes, or a different account is selected for the Qlik Sense services to run under, the data connections must be updated accordingly.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2024/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Jaden
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

When you say "is the username still accurate" are you talking about the User ID? And should this be the user that is running the Services? (Qlik Sense Engine Service, Qlik Sense Printing Service, etc.) 

If so, I changed the User ID to the user account that is running the Qlik Sense Services and then input the correct password. I read the second link that you provided and followed those steps. (The password does include a special character, but this shouldn't be the issue right?)

I still received an error when I ran the Sessions App.