Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjcunningham
Contributor III
Contributor III

Remove ability to go to Qlik Sense Hub from individual dashboards/apps

This logo highlighted in the screenshot takes the user to the Qlik Sense hub when clicked. Is there a way to remove the ability for all users, or even better a specific user directory, to be able to go back to the hub from a given app? Can this be done via access control or  a security rule? Ideally I'd like to not have to simply edit the JavaScript files that generate the button, but I'm potentially open to that. I'm running qlik sense version May 2023

cjcunningham_0-1704917241435.png

Labels (2)
5 Replies
therealdees
Creator III
Creator III

If you don't mind, you can hide it completely using css

Add a multi KPI object to the sheet, go to the CSS dedicated section in the object options and type:

/*HIDE QLIK LOGO*/

.css-8tzv8y {

display: none !important;

}

In my case, the class for this object is the one above, but you'll probably have a different value. Press F12 to open the dev tools and inspect the element to find out it's class.

cjcunningham
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm open to this method. Could you detail what you mean by "go to the CSS dedicated section in the object options"? I assumed that if I were to make such a change it would be a file on my qlik sense server somewhere. At least I assume the change would have to be made there in order for it to be permanent.

therealdees
Creator III
Creator III

You can actually edit Qlik's CSS rules with some objects in a special window to type in your code. You basically overrule the values and may edit pratically anything if you refer to the right classes/ids.

In your dashboard, look for the object Multi KPI under Custom Objects > Qlik Visualization Bundle

Drag the object to the sheet and go to Appearance > Styles

In this section you can insert the code I sent you and whatever more. You just have to find out the classes and IDs and type in your rules - sometimes using "!important" after a value to make sure you override the default.

cjcunningham
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I see. I think I was able to replicate this. But from what I can tell in order for this to work I have to put the multiobject kpi somewhere on the sheet. If I go to another sheet it immediately goes back to normal. Which makes sense.

Ideally, I'd like to edit whatever source javascript or css file is used as the app template within the qlik server so that this can be applied globally to all apps.

therealdees
Creator III
Creator III

I'm sure you can build your own extensions and themes and have it your own way, but I'm not familiar with subject.

Regarding the need of the multi KPI placed in the sheet, yes, it must be present to apply the rules you set, but there are workarounds, specially with the new layout container object.

Option 1: you hide the own object using css, you could even play with it's position

Option 2: use a layout container to place some or all objects of your sheet and add the multi KPI object to it, make it borderless and as the same color of the background