Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vish123
Creator III
Creator III

Security rule to import extensions into QMC. User should be able to import extensions into QMC

Hi Team,

Need a security rule for user who should be able see only extensions section in QMC and able to import extensions into QMC . Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Please let me know in case of more details. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

The QmcSection_Extension* enable the "Extension" menu in the QMC so without it in won't work. 

Note: In your comment you wrote QMCSection_Extension_* but it is QmcSection_Extension* that you need to add in your rule

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hi, 

This rule should do the job. 

Bastien_Laugiero_2-1622184658896.png

It is based on a specific user in this example, but you could create a role instead using ((user.roles="rolename")) and then assign the created role to the users.

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
vish123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Bastien,

In your screen shot i can see, QMCSection_Extension_* . What is this ? I have created below security rule but its not working.  Please suggest

vish123_1-1622185083713.png

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

The QmcSection_Extension* enable the "Extension" menu in the QMC so without it in won't work. 

Note: In your comment you wrote QMCSection_Extension_* but it is QmcSection_Extension* that you need to add in your rule

Bastien Laugiero
Bastien_Laugiero

Also in my example in the condition I used "User1" as the user getting this permission but you need to change it to a user that exist in your environment. 

Bastien Laugiero
vish123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Bastien,

Its working now after using  QmcSection_Extension*, Extension_* ...you are a star..Thanks a lot for your help:)