Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajith_Raja_QlikSense
Contributor II
Contributor II

Session Access & Data Reduction with LDAP users

Hi,

I have imported my LDAP users which has more than 2000 users. I want to have Data reduction for each user based on location.

By Fixing the users static as shown below,  In this way I am able to handle the Data Reduction for users based on Branch.

But how to get the LDAP users list ,instead of INLINE load?

Since I have more users it is hard to fix all users in INLINE load, kindly help me on this.

Example:

Section Access;
Load * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, BRANCH
ADMIN, 01235 , CHENNAI
ADMIN, 66286, HYDERABAD
USER 336277, HYDERABAD
];
Section Application;
Branch:
LOAD

BRANCH,

FROM .....;

Labels (3)
4 Replies
TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

Connect to Ldap and extract the user, store as Qvd and use it.

As you think, so shall you become.
Ajith_Raja_QlikSense
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have imported the LDAP users using the QMC User Active directory connections.

Kindly provide any sample Connection string format & How to store LDAP Users as QVD.

Thank You..

TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

there some sample on the community like:
Active Directory: Extract Users and Groups - Qlik Community - 1479167

to not load all of your Active directory, try to get only the user has licenses on Qlik Sense by rest api 
Qlik Sense License Management through API - Qlik Community - 116033

As you think, so shall you become.
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Here's an example script on how to leverage the OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Directory Services to load from AD:

Levi_Turner_0-1722020332642.png

AccountStatusMapping:
MAPPING LOAD * INLINE [
userAccountControl,Type
512,Active
514,Disabled
544,Active
546,Disabled
66048,Active
66050,Disabled
66080,Active
66082,Disabled
6291970,Disabled
1049090,Disabled
524802,Disabled
4784640,Active
4194816,Active
524800,Active
524832,Active
1049088,Active
];

FOR v=ORD('a') TO ORD('z')
LET q=CHR($(v));
LIB CONNECT TO '<my data connection name>';
ActiveDirectory:
LOAD 
            ApplyMap('AccountStatusMapping',Num(userAccountControl),'Undefined') AS [Status];
SQL SELECT
sAMAccountName,
displayName,
userAccountControl
FROM 'LDAP://<domain>.com'
WHERE objectCategory = 'person' AND displayName ='$(q)*';
NEXT ;

Some notes:

• We loop over A-Z because Qlik will not load more users than the page size on the LDAP using this driver (in Windows Active Directory this will be the MaxPageSize setting ref: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/active-directory/view-set-ldap-policy-... ).
  • A more sophisticated LDAP query (consult your LDAP experts on this) may avoid this limit by focusing your efforts on only active users (not ones which have been disabled).
  • The fields, especially the userAccountControl field, are Windows Active Directory specific, your LDAP may use different fields.
  • Leverage external tools like Softerra's LDAP Browser (or consult your LDAP experts) on the field names. The data preview will not work.