Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datasynapsi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Someone have some examples of Qlikview Section Access to deploy on Qlik SaaS

Hi everybody

I'm trying to deploy a legacy Qlikview application on a Qlik SaaS (no migration of the application from Qlikview and Qlik Sense).

I have to adjust my section access to mantain a consistance of the data security between local Qlikview and Qlik SaaS.

Someone have already done this and have some examples to share?

I read this:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2021/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Security.htm 

and this:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/manag... 

I tried to implement this simple app:

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,NTNAME,USER.EMAIL,COUNTRY
    ADMIN,DOMAIN\ADMIN ,*,*          
    USER,*,marco.zampieri@DOMAIN.COM,GERMANY
];

Section Application;

Nazioni:
LOAD * INLINE [

COUNTRY
ITALY
GERMANY
]; 

But when I open the PUBLISHED Qlikview application on SaaS no data reduction was applied....

Someone could help?

Thanks

Marco

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @datasynapsi 

Please have a look at this article:

How to move Section Access from QlikView to Qlik S... - Qlik Community - 1736896

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @datasynapsi 

Please have a look at this article:

How to move Section Access from QlikView to Qlik S... - Qlik Community - 1736896

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!