cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B_Duncan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Support for certificates with higher signing algorithms

According to documentation for Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows, Qlik Sense only supports certificates that are made to use signing algorithms based on SHA-1 or SHA-256. When will higher signing algorithms like SHA-386 be supported? This is becoming a major adaptation obstacle for many customers.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @B_Duncan , thanks for posting.

If you look around Help and Community there are some references to SHA-384 (I think 386 was a typo there) for certain areas, but as you point out for the Proxy service it's not mentioned.  I looked through our internal docs and did not see any roadmap information for it, but that may be ongoing.

The best way to get an answer or engagement on that would be to visit the ideas page:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/idb-p/qlik-ideas 

Click on Suggest an idea and post a request for that.  The folks from Product Management frequently review requests in this area and this will be the best place to find info on that.

Hope that helps!

Jay

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @B_Duncan , thanks for posting.

If you look around Help and Community there are some references to SHA-384 (I think 386 was a typo there) for certain areas, but as you point out for the Proxy service it's not mentioned.  I looked through our internal docs and did not see any roadmap information for it, but that may be ongoing.

The best way to get an answer or engagement on that would be to visit the ideas page:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/idb-p/qlik-ideas 

Click on Suggest an idea and post a request for that.  The folks from Product Management frequently review requests in this area and this will be the best place to find info on that.

Hope that helps!

Jay

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
B_Duncan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the reply. I will add that suggestion in. Yes, I did mean SHA-384, thank you for pointing that out.