Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwdaniels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Unable to configure SSO in Multi-Cloud SaaS environment

See attached. We're attempting to configure our Multi-Cloud environment to share users across between our on-premises Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows environment and our Qlik Sense Enterprise Cloud environment at https://pariveda.us.qlikcloud.com/  (which is an alias of https://parivedatest.us.qlikcloud.com/). We followed the steps at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA... , but when we reached the "Creating the identify provider configuration" section, we could not proceed due to the message shown in the attached screenshot: "You are currently using Qlik for authentication. Your tenant is currently configured to use Qlik for authentication for all members. To enable single sign-on (SSO), please submit a case to support.qlik.com."

Note: We are using Azure AD as our IDP for our Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows environment.

Please advise. We have a multi-cloud license and would like to allow our users to access both the on-prem and the cloud environments without consuming two licenses per user. We are intending to migrate fully to the cloud and to retire our on-prem environment before the end of the year.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @kwdaniels,

Then the Qlik team will be able to help you as currently your license doesn't have the tag to allow the creation of a third party IDP.

Regards,

Benoit

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @kwdaniels,

It seems that your Tenant License doesn't have the BYOIDP tag. Without that you can't create a third party IDP.

If you are using Qlik Sense Business you can only use Qlik Account. If its Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS then you have an option of choosing an existing identity provider (IdP).

I recommend you to contact your Qlik account manager or contact the customer support team which will be able to check it and modify it.

Regards,

Benoit

kwdaniels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, Benoit. I had intended to submit a case to Qlik support but ended up posing my question to the Community because I couldn't find the correct location to submit a case. I've now found it and will submit a case, and will also email our sales representative.

I'm pretty sure our license is for Enterprise, not Business. Last month our sales representative wrote us the following:

'...you got a SKU called “Qlik Sense Enterprise Multi Cloud”, which means you already have access to BOTH Qlik Sense Client-Managed and you also have access to Qlik Sense SaaS'

Again, we are following up with our representative on this.

Thanks for your response!

Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @kwdaniels,

Then the Qlik team will be able to help you as currently your license doesn't have the tag to allow the creation of a third party IDP.

Regards,

Benoit

kwdaniels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, Benoit. I created a case & they were able to help.

By the way, when I submitted the original request to the Community, I was trying to submit a support case, but I wasn't able to find where to submit the case, so I had to use the Community. I subsequently found where to submit a support case.