Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Adjust sort order in selection bar

stein_to
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Adjust sort order in selection bar

Hi everyone,

to my knowledge and as explained in another thread, it is currently not possible to adjust the sort order / list sequence order for the selection bar in Qlik Sense. -> In the selection bar selection list sequence order is not as per the filter pane sort setting  

I think it would be more user friendly if the sort order could be customized.

Let me explain the problem with the following screenshot:

selectionbar_sort_order.PNG

The user has currently selected 2021-09. From the user's point of view, it is much more likely that he wants to analyze data closer to his current selection. Instead, the selection bar starts with 2019-01 (numerically ascending) and the user is forced to use the search function in the selection bar to look at data from 2021-08.

10 Comments
Digvijay_Singh

Completely agree, Its confusing for the users to have different sort order in the filter pane and in the selection bar, see the image attached. I would like to configure descending order in both filter pane and selection bar. I guess the only way is to change the load order in the script, thats not the ideal solution I think

Digvijay_Singh_0-1631283407755.png

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Absolutely needed!

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Maaike
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

yes please!

SenoHuMa
Contributor
Contributor

We also support that proposal because in our case when the user works with the fullscreen mode of the table, their is only the filterbar left where you can adjust your values which is very confusing for the user!

CustomSorting.pngSorting of the filterbar.png

QlikSepp
Contributor
Contributor

great idea - user requested this already several times

edwinkohcihi
Contributor
Contributor

ABsolutely makes sense to me

Brano
Contributor II
Contributor II

This disconnect is truly confusing for user. Please reflect sorting used on sheet/app in Selections too. Thanks in advance.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived