Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Background Image rotation in text and image box

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Background Image rotation in text and image box

Hi Folks,

I'm currently developing a weather station application using maps, KPIs and Text boxes in Qlik Sense Cloud.  Whilst I can get an image to rotate on the map, I want to be able to enter a background compass image into a text and image box, have it centralised and then place a digital text representation of the degrees of rotation in the middle.  So far so good, however I would also like the image to dynamically rotate around the middle point  depending on what the direction field/measure  is displaying.

cjhansford_0-1611315613196.png

The ability exists in maps - layer - size and shape - shape - image rotation property, it would be fantastic if this could also be achieved in the Text & image chart

Stay safe,

Regards

CHris

5 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

Very cool! If I understand, you want to have a static compass background with a rotating overlay? I'm curious to see how you have the image rotate based on the direction - is it a different image entirely depending on the value, or is it actually rotating?

Meghann

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Meghann,

In  the Map layers, I can take an arrow image and rotate it round 360 degree so the arrow is always pointing in the direction the  wind is blowing.  I also size the arrow by how strong the wind speed is.

cjhansford_0-1611832479865.png

I'd just like to be able to do the same in a Text & image box.

Regards and Stay Safe

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived