Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Create API for monitoring user session duration QlikSense Saa

MartijnWanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Create API for monitoring user session duration QlikSense Saa

Hi Qlik,

Some of my customers want to migrate from QlikSense Enterprise on Windows to your QlikSense Enterprise Cloud services (SaaS). On the Windows edition you get the monitoring app's and SaaS doesn't have this (yet). The customers are using the monitoring app's and in this case especially user session duration.

They like the option for using capacity licence for some users. In this case monitoring session duration is more wanted then ever. I did search the internet and used the audit API as suggested. But this API doesn't provide always the session enddate.

I had contact with Qlik Support (ticket 02200318 - NO END SESSION DATE STAMP THROUGH API) and they tell me that there is no API (yet) that can deliver this data. They also asked me to create an idea in this forum so you will be aware.

So here it comes!

Idea: create an API which can provide session startdate/time  en session enddate/time.

or much much much better 😉

Idea: provide monitoring app's with the QlikSense SaaS edition.

I see al lot of questions from different Qlik developers about missing monitoring app's. It's a little bit strange that we have to develop this ourself. But we like to develop so we do it when necessary. So I think you can make a lot op people very happy. And selling QlikSense SaaS will be easier.

Kind regards

Martijn Wanders

2 Comments
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

OnOpen App events have been added to the Entitlement app:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates-Blog/Latest-Version-of-Entitlement-Analyzer-for-Qlik-S...

Thanks

Ian

Status changed to: Delivered
MartijnWanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Great thanks! and good job Qlik