Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Current Selection while export data

Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Current Selection while export data

Like Qlik View, If I export data from App, I have to know what selection active are

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
52 Comments
sgagliardi
Partner - Contributor III

@GianlucaFerri I agree, I was maybe being slightly sarcastic, as much of the features roadmap seems geared towards polishing up the Cloud option and incentivizing partners to make the switch -- which my organization very well may do, but I agree this is a pretty big functionality blind spot.

JOBrien
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

This feature is requested frequently in our organization, especially for users who were familiar with this in QlikView.

Sven2
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Since I switched a dashboard from QlikView to Qlik Sense this is the number 1 feature request I get.
I don't understand why this is not already in Sense

brooksc57
Creator
Creator

+1

Also --

Certainly not a solution but I have found if you Put the Selections in your Title and Export with Table Format it will put the contents of the Title in the Exported Excel File.

In no way is that a solution, IMO but it might be better than nothing for the right situation.

It also is a problem if you don't want all the stuff in your title in the file name of course.

brooksc57
Creator
Creator

Another less than ideal solution that might work for certain people until it can be properly done by QlikTech is to Load Your Filters in the Totals Label so that they will export.

brooksc57_0-1672935965691.png

lots of options...here is an easy one for explanation purposes.

brooksc57_2-1672936061423.png

brooksc57_1-1672936004417.png

fldc2500
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Also in my organization this feature is highly requested. I wonder when some form of update regarding this feature will be provided.

davidhillier
Contributor
Contributor

+1 this is an absolute must have for my team and our user base!!! How else are you supposed to know what selections were active at the time of the export! Please integrate asap! 

sheitm
Contributor
Contributor

Without knowing the selection criteria, it is very difficult to fulfil exactly what QlikView prides itself on: communication. How can you share and talk about evaluations without knowing the underlying criteria? With every statistic, every table, every data extract, the first questions are "how was the data compiled?", "what are the settings?", "what was filtered"? Therefore absolute agreement: selection criteria are a must-have!

Linda1

Must have!! So many customers are asking for this feature.

oli_hardy
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Highly demanded also from my customer base.