Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE

Data Connection for Oracle ADW (autonomous data warehouse)

Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Data Connection for Oracle ADW (autonomous data warehouse)

My idea is to introduce a new data connection in Qlik Sense SaaS for Oracle ADW.

As you know, the world is going on cloud.

Qlik has the new Qlik Cloud that can connect to many database, clouds and other services

Oracle, a leader on data management on database, has the new Oracle ADW (autonomous data warehouse) on cloud.

With Qlik Sense Desktop  and Qlik Sense Enterprise On Premise, I can connect to it by a wallet or a ODBC connection

BUT, on Qlik Cloud,  I can't move into the machines, like Windows for the On Premise

It should be possible to connect to a Cloud Database, like Oracle ADW, via Wallet (secure connection). Because "hostname connection" is no longer supported, and it is obsoleted.

My idea is to introduce a new data connection in Qlik Sense SaaS for Oracle ADW.

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
Tags (4)
4 Comments
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have a customer with same requirement. Perhaps it´s coming in 2021.

P-O_Davidson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for this idea. This would certainly be of value, and it is included on the roadmap. It is currently targeted for the second half of 2021, but please be aware that our proprieties can change and that items on the roadmap are not commitments to deliver.

Best Regards,
P-O Davidson

Status changed to: Open - New
P-O_Davidson
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
P-O_Davidson
Employee
Employee

The Oracle Connector supports connection to Oracle ADW via upload of a Wallet file. This is available in the connector both in Qlik Sense SaaS and in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows (since the May 2022 release).

Status changed to: Delivered