Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Data model viewer persistent layout

andries_g_t
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Data model viewer persistent layout

It would be great if the data model viewer could have an option to save the manually-created layout. Perhaps its just the version I'm on (Nov 2020 Patch 6 13.102.13) but even if I lock the layout, it still gets lost when I close the tab. It seems to always revert back to the layout I created many moons ago.

Before this was an issue, I've also noticed that, if I load an app with the data of one customer (customer A), and set a layout, and then reload the same app but with data from another customer (customer B), the layout is lost.

When I load customer A's data again, my layout is back the way it should be. The layout, therefore, seems to be linked to the content, not only the app.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Another problem is that the tables connections are crossed each other. Why ?? It is so confused ! 

If the tables position remains the same with the manually setting up, even after loading script, it will be good, but if it don't mix the line connections also, it will be really great !!

[],

Pedro

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived