Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Delete multple files in Cloud Space

mfahlers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Delete multple files in Cloud Space

We need an option for deleting multple files in a space and/or deleting a whole space with files.

Currently there only is a cli options that removes the reference in the GUI, but doesn't delete the files.

This will be very helpfull in cases
- On-premise to cloud migration where large amount of qvd-files is being moved. 

- Clean up after unintended/rouge loop from developer

- Restructuring files in spaces.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
philipdoyne
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Quite agree - you have a Dustbin but have to click it for every file.   Could we have tick boxes against each line and a Delete button to delete selected rows ..... please nicely!!       Philip

deasy_sn
Contributor II
Contributor II

I agree with this, please make it happen

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hi @mfahlers - picking up on your comment:

@mfahlers wrote:

We need an option for deleting multple files in a space and/or deleting a whole space with files.

Currently there only is a cli options that removes the reference in the GUI, but doesn't delete the files.

I can't speak to the UI updates we have planned, however we just released a new tutorial showing how to delete all files in a specified space using qlik-cli and powershell, along with a bunch of other operations in the series here.

We are also building blocks for these APIs for Application Automation, so you will soon be able to do this without code.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived