Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Detect, notify and pause replication tasks on DDL changes

aplima
Contributor III
Contributor III

Detect, notify and pause replication tasks on DDL changes

The ability to detect and notify if DDL changes have happened on the source is critical on enterprises that have multiple teams responsible for different parts of the end to end workflow.

For instance, a team responsible for a source system is usually not responsible for any of the downstream systems using that source.

Typically, enterprises have change management processes in place, but most of the time there are communication issues which impacts the end to end workflow, resulting in many hours lost with troubleshooting and fixing replications.

Ideally, if DDL changes aren't supported on a given source, Qlik Replicate must detect the DDL change, notify/alert and pause affected replication tasks before they fail with errors. 

6 Comments
bobvecchione
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the suggestion...while we do not have this on our current roadmap, it is a great request and we will review with R&D and report back.

--bobv--

Carlo_P
Contributor III
Contributor III

I completely agree with these suggestion. Communication issues happen all the time and DDL changes are only caught after the fact and create additional work downstream. Having the option to pause and alert instead of failing would be helpful. 

Nulee_Massaro
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your suggestion. Can you please clarify which specific endpoints you would like this feature for?

Status changed to: Open - New
aplima
Contributor III
Contributor III

Well, all supported endpoints, but if I am to pick one for prioritization, that would be SAP HANA.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived