Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Filter Pane on Saas Mobile

sfbi
Creator
Creator

Filter Pane on Saas Mobile

As we've started to develop some specific apps for the new SaaS mobile native app, it turns to be a bit annoying to use the filter pane, as you need to go inside the filter pane element, select dimensions, than close it again.

The selection element that is native to the app (displayed on the screen bottom), turns to be a good way to use filter, because its faster and more intuitive. On the other hand, for the majority of sheets, we just need to show few and specific dimensions, and not all the master itens or fields available on the entire app.

My idea is to create an option, for the developer user to determine the content inside the selection bottom element, if a specific Filter Pane or the entire "Selection Bar". Other possibility is to allow the developer to select which Master Item should be shown on the Selection Bar.

Thank you
Henrique

4 Comments
Yuliya_Kiperberg
Employee
Employee

Hi Henrique,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

We've noticed similar frustration with the Filter Pane. Removing or customizing filter criteria in the filter pane could limit users so we're hesitant to go that route. However, we believe if we refrain from moving the filter pane off the sheet, it should reduce users' clicks and frustration.

In other words, if a filter pane was deliberately place on a sheet, it should stay on the sheet (not just move to the Selections Bar). That way users can be efficient in their clicks (either select on the sheet directly or select from the Selections Bar). The Selection Bar will still be the global selector that has all possible filters but now the sheet won't lose it's objects either.

I'm hoping this will help!

Thank you again!

-Yuliya Cashman-Kiperberg

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
sfbi
Creator
Creator

Hi @Yuliya_Kiperberg.... usability has improved now.

One thing that still bothers me, is that the final user have an easy access to FIELDS, not only dimension, measures or filter items. This make necessary to $hidden most of fields.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived