Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Generate a Report from Qlik Sense App A, Filtered based from Qlik Sense App B

Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Generate a Report from Qlik Sense App A, Filtered based from Qlik Sense App B

Like Nprinting 16-,

I can generate a Report from Qlik App A, Filtered based from Qlik Sense App B, with linked field.

Example:

Qlik App A has 10.000 rows, with %KeyRowA as PrimaryKey

Qlik App B has 500 rows, with %KeyRowB as PrimaryKey

I want generate a Report on top Qlik App A, filtered with %KeyRowA = %KeyRowB from Qlik App B

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
Tags (2)
5 Comments
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I guess what you after is "Introduce Linked Fields functionality in NPrinitng 17+"? I am also up for it!

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Hi Riccardo,
Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be an interesting use case for Enterprise Reporting in Qlik Sense, this is not in our short-term roadmap. Please show your support for this idea by clicking on the "like" button.

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your submission. Linked fields were possible in NP16 due to the Single threaded nature of the product. In a multi-engine, multi-node environment the feature is no longer feasible. 

Some Linked Fields situations can be achieved through APIs and the creation of a filter with the fields across the connections.  Feel free to experiment to see if you can address your use case.  

Status changed to: Open - Not Planned
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

With the recent changes to OnDemand extension object you are allowed to configure and use distribution of a report from one app even though report gets triggered from different app.

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Linked fields were possible in NP16 due to the Single threaded nature of the product. In a multi-engine, multi-node environment the feature is no longer feasible. Many Linked Fields situations can be achieved through APIs and the creation of a filter with the fields across the connections. Note: this will work as a filter but cannot be used as a page, level, or cycle.

Status changed to: Closed - Declined