Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

GetAlternativeDimension - new function suggestion

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

GetAlternativeDimension - new function suggestion

The GetObjectDimension function in Qlik Sense is not really useful - a number of improvements or an alternative function would be good.

If a chart utilises alternative dimensions this function will not work with reference lines. This is a gap as often the user may wish to aggregate data and take account of the selected field.

It also cannot return the chart dimension(s) in any of the areas like title, subtitle, footer.

Please do not suggest pick-list workarounds as that just bypasses the usefulness of alternative dimensions.

The same issues apply to flexibility of alternative measures - surface them via a simple function.

So for both can a chart function be provided that simply surfaces the current alternative dimension or measure ?

6 Comments
Fred
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I think this is a great idea and fully support this request for something like a GetAlternativeDimension() function.

On several occasions, I had to disappoint customers or use workarounds just because I couldn't extract the Alternative Dimension from a chart.

Would love to see this functionality included in Qlik.

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thanks - it must surely be deliverable via underlying API ? ( Hypercube ? )

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea by commenting and liking.

Thanks, 

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
nadiosch
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

It's so often I would need a feature like this... 

Pleas add it to the product 🙂

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived