Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Limitation of 1100 variables when exporting data

rubenmarin

Limitation of 1100 variables when exporting data

Hello, we have some apps whit many sheets and different kind of data to analyze with many variations by periods, departments, etc...

We use an excel to manage expressions and we use a variable for each measure, this allows for quick massive searchs and modifications and also we can share measures between different apps centralizing management. So at the end some of our apps have more than 1000 variables 

Now in Qlik cloud there is a limit when exporting data: the process looks if the app has more than 1100 variables, and it blocks the export data if there are more than 1100 variables. Why this happens? I don't see why the user can't export the data of a line chart if the app has more than 1100 variables.

So I hope to change this limitation to not affect all exports and only apply the limit when it really can cause an issue, or change the export function to not be affected by the variables loaded in the app so the limitation can be removed completely.

Please provide some feedback on this because some of customers can't migrate their apps to Qlik cloud, or if this limitation will be kept, so we will need to schedule some reingeneering of the apps, which will be costly in time, money and loss of management options.

Best regards.

3 Comments
mamartinezv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Ruben;

Totally agree with what you say. This limitation creates a big problem when migrating apps to SaaS.
I do not quite understand the relationship between the number of variables with the functionality of exporting data, I think it is a point that has to be reviewed or at least to know if the change of this limitation is within the roadmap.

Thank you very much in advance;

Regards;

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived