Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Link to Master Elements

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Link to Master Elements

Hello everybody,

currently there is the possibility to create a master element directly from a dimension or key figure, but I do not have the possibility to edit it directly.

Therefore the idea: If a master element is used in the object, it should be possible to jump directly to this element to edit it.

This would save a few clicks and you would not have to act across the screen.

Greetings

example.png

Tags (2)
9 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Patric_Nordstrom  

thank you for your feedback. What do you mean "Please continue to show your support for this idea".

Do you need another example on this topic?

Thank you

Greetings

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi @Danijel , by showing support I mean that I encourage other users to click "like" on the idea and leave comments.

Thanks,

Patric

Björn_Wallin
Employee
Employee
I had the same suggestion and got a few votes for it, hope the same people will vote here to give the idea some weight.

As a Qlik Sense App developer, I would like to be able quickly to modify the Master item I am using in a Chart, so that I can work on the Chart with as little interruption as possible.

When you add a Master item to an app, you rarely know exactly how that Master item should be used, for example how colours should be selected or what name it should have. You might even need to modify the expression, to handle data points you didn't know you had. 

As you use the item in different Charts, you keep finding changes you want to make. Currently, you make such changes by opening the Assets pane, navigating to Master items, navigating to the type of Master item you are looking for and finally opening and editing that Master item. That is a long excursion from the Chart work you were doing.

Two implementation suggestions:

1) Add a pencil icon button beside the link icon for the Master item in the Chart properties, let that pencil button open the Master item for editing.

2) Add an option for editing the Master item to the user interaction following a click on the link icon.

Björn_Wallin
Employee
Employee

It would also be really nice if I as an app developer could see the definition of a Master Measure in a published app.

hendrikgruss
Contributor II
Contributor II

Would be a huge time saver! 

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Delivered as of Sept 14, 2021 Qlik SaaS release, the property panel for dimensions and measures now includes a shortcut if master items is being used.

Status changed to: Delivered
sfbi
Creator
Creator

Thanks @Patric_Nordstrom ! A huge upgrade on productivity!

Björn_Wallin
Employee
Employee

Thanks @Patric_Nordstrom and client developers!