Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS

More flexibility with Notes in Qlik Sense SaaS

rajiv_maskara
Employee
Employee

More flexibility with Notes in Qlik Sense SaaS

Current behaviour with Notes:

i. Any notes created in a space are visible to all other members in the space, whether they have been notified(using @) or not.

ii. While creating a note from an app, the note gets created in the same space as the app and provides no option to change the space.

Desired behaviour:

i. Notes should be visible only to members who have been invite to collaborate on that note and not to all members of the space. 

ii. If above is not possible, then provide the flexibility to change the space of the note while creating the note from an app. Usecase: I want to collaborate with a particular user over the dashboard, without letting other users(even if the others have access to the app) know about how I am collaborating with a particular user. Currently, I dont have any way to achieve the same using Notes, since the Note is visible to all members of a space and I dont have anyway to change the space of the Notes...

Tags (1)
7 Comments
ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Agree, Notes are cluttering spaces. I also mistake them for apps sometimes.
I would perhaps be better to separate them and make an list feature, where you also can filter on notes to /from yourself.

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @rajiv_maskara , the request to control access to notes on a visitor or group level has already been suggested here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Allow-to-direct-notes-to-individuals-or-groups/idi-p/1....

Also, when creating a note you are able to pick the space your note is in: 

Meghann_MacDonald_0-1670516452734.png

Is this what you are referring to in your second point? 

Please let me know and I will open back up if there is confusion.

Meghann

Status changed to: Closed - Duplicate
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - In Development
ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Meghann_MacDonald That is inside an app. That's fine, the trouble is how it looks in a space.

Meghann_MacDonald

Got it @ift_isabelle , looks like Andrew understood it better than I and updated the status to indicate that it is being built!

Meghann.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived